I’ve seen a lot of bloggers doing this awesome tag lately and it looked so fun I had to give it a go! The creator is Jenniely and it is a tag to discover if you have been naughty or nice this year!
- Tag & link the person who tagged you
- Tag and link the creator
- Tick/cross off the ones you’ve done
- Tag another 10 people!
1. Received an ARC and not reviewed it – Yep >.>
I have a ‘couple’ ARCs I have received and haven’t got round to it but I am using December to catch up on a lot of them. A good few aren’t out to February, March time!
2. Have less than 60% feedback rating on Netgalley – Nope
I am currently at 72% feedback on Netgalley praise the book gods, the aim is 80% by the end of the year. Totally doable . . .
3. Rated a book on Goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did) – Nope
I have only just started both my Goodreads and my blog in November so I’m doing OK with this so far!
4. Folded down the page of a book – Nope
I would never do this! I have shoved my bf away from his book just as he was about to dogear a page, zero regrets.
5. Accidentally spilled on a book – Yep
I am a messy eater, and I love eating while reading. There’s been many times were I wonder why there is a crumb at the same place in every page to then realise its the Kindle and not a book I’m reading.
6. DNF a book this year – Yep
I have DNF’d a few this year, I’ve learned to not waste time on books I don’t enjoy when I could be finding my new favourite read.
7. Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it – Nope
I have never been into the whole pretty cover thing so I’ve luckily never been tricked by this.
8. Read whilst you are meant to be doing something else (like homework) – Yep
I 100% will read every moment I get a chance to, I should be doing stuff like socialising but you know . . . books.
9. Skim read a book – Yep
I am a big skim reader when it comes to big chunks of description and world building or if I want to find out what’s happening quicker.
10. Completely missed your Goodreads goal – Nope
Since I only started using Goodreads I haven’t had a goal yet and have no idea how many books I have read this year. I’m hoping to be able to keep to one next year!
11. Borrowed a book and not returned it to the library – Nope
I will keep a book for a dang long time from the library but have somehow always returned them. It makes me sad when I see how many books don’t get returned.
12. Broke a book buying ban – Nope
I have actually been pretty good at not buying a lot of books this year, I still have 70 unread books on my shelf though!
13. Started a review, left it for ages and forgot what the book was about – Yep
I have this problem were as soon as I close a book I forget everything about it from the main characters to what just happened, but as soon as I start reading again I remember it. I’ve started writing notes during reading so I can write my review after.
14. Wrote in a book you were reading – Nope
I’ve never done this, I want to try one time but the fear is real! I give my books away after I read them so I wouldn’t want to wreck a book for someone else.
15. Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads -Yep
Yep, I sometimes read 5 books a week and maybe add 2 to Goodreads because I always have the idea to write a full review and not get around to it.
16. Borrowed a book and not returned it to a friend – Yep
I have a friend I swap books with a lot and we have each other’s books for months on end.
17. Dodged someone asking if they can borrow a book – Nope
I’m pretty chill about people borrowing my books as long as I’ve already read them. I’ve lost 4 copies of The Green Mile to borrowing but I still do it!
18. Broke the spine of someone else’s book – Nope
I couldn’t do this to someone, if they have read the book before me I look at how it was before I use it and try to keep it in that condition.
19. Took the jacket off a book to protect it and ended up making it more damaged – Nope
I’ve actually never took the jacket off! I make sure my books have dignity and aren’t left out naked.
20. Sat on a book accidentally – Yep
All the time, I have a bum of steel! I’m always sitting on keys and books without realising I’m sitting on them!
Results: 9/20 I am Nice!!
I am actually suprised at how much of these I didn’t do! I have other bad book habits that I will share in a future post. All the bookish confessions to come!
If you’ve not been tagged, go ahead and do it anyway!